Family Nibbles – Volume 7 is here! This book is about the lives of our Jarvis family from 1920 to 1938.
Family Nibbles – Volume 7
Stories of Our Jarvis Ancestors 1920-1938
This volume is about the lives of Ralph and Chleo Jarvis and their family. They were in their prime in the 1920s and 1930s. They got married, worked, and raised a family.
The book is also about Nathan L. Jones, the visionary mentor to Ralph Jarvis. Jones provided Jarvis with opportunities, and Ralph Jarvis took advantage of them.
This book is about the Roaring Twenties and the Great Depression. These two decades saw the best of times and the worst of times.
Finally, this book is about the modernization of American life. It was the age of the automobile, radio, and telephone. Perhaps most important, it was the age of electricity, bringing light and electric appliances into the homes of ordinary people.
Family Nibbles Volumes
- Family Nibbles – Volume 1 Stories of our Teply Ancestors 1600-1865
- Family Nibbles – Volume 2 Stories of our Teply Ancestors 1865-1925
- Family Nibbles – Volume 3 Stories of our Jarvis English Heritage
- Family Nibbles – Volume 4 Stories of our Jarvis Ancestors 1680-1800
- Family Nibbles – Volume 5 Stories of our Jarvis Ancestors 1800-1865
- Family Nibbles – Volume 6 Stories of our Jarvis Ancestors 1865-1920
- Family Nibbles – Volume 7 Stories of our Jarvis Ancestors 1920-1938
You can get the books any of three ways: Amazon paperback, Google eBook, or Kindle eBook.
You can get the paperback books at Amazon. Search for ‘Family Nibbles’ or ‘Family Nibbles book.’
The price for each volume is $30. They’re worth every penny!
You can find the eBooks on Google Books or Google Play. They’re free!
They’re best read on your iPad or tablet using Google Play Reader app. And you can read in Firefox on your Macbook.
You can find the ebooks on Amazon or Kindle Store. The price is $2.99 per book.
You can read this version on any Kindle reader or Kindle app on your iPad.
It’s been fun and rewarding to learn how to create a book. But the part I’ve enjoyed most is the research and stories about our family.
We will continue our stories as the Jarvis family deals with World War II and the post-war boom.
Thanks to all you readers.
- Image – Portrait of Marquis d’Afflito – Tamara de Lempicka – 1925 – Amazon.com – https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Portrait-Marquis-affitto-art%C3%ADstico-Lempicka/dp/B01E9I33SY/ref=psdc_381142011_t1_B091CYJFDT
- Image – Noël Coward and Gertrude Lawrence in Coward’s Private Lives – Britannica – https://www.britannica.com/art/comedy-of-manners
- Image – Five Women Modeling 1920s Hairstyles – Amy Jeane – Waves Galore – Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/photos/silent_screen_queen/6783692729/
- Image – Nathan L. Jones on Christmas Card – Jarvis Family Documents – Chleo Webb Jarvis collection
- Image – Woman with phone and refrigerator – Electric Appliances – What Life Was Like In The Roaring Twenties – Napa Valley Register – H. Armstrong Roberts/ClassicStock // Getty Images – https://napavalleyregister.com/lifestyles/what-life-was-like-in-the-roaring-twenties/collection_0d8e8a36-a5ef-53cd-a537-50fb30f914f5.html#18
- Image – Saturday Evening Post cover – September 3, 1922 – The Saturday Evening Post – https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2017/03/cover-gallery-1920s-fashion/
- Image – Men and women having cocktails – Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/383368987032578597/
- Image – Woman’s evening dress, ca. 1928, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA, USA – Was It Like in the Roaring Twenties in Art and Fashion? – https://www.dailyartmagazine.com/roaring-twenties-in-art/
- Image – Woman with vote newspaper – 10 World-Shaping Events That Happened in 1920 – Mental Floss – https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/65436/10-world-shaping-events-happened-1920