Ralph and Chleo Jarvis settled into a new way of life in Salina. They were in a home of their own.Continue reading
166 – Family Nibbles – Volume 6
Family Nibbles – Volume 6 is here! To find out how badly you need the book, take this quiz…
- How much did Harvey Jarvis’ will bequeath to four of his sons?
- Name one of the counties in Indiana where our Jarvis ancestors lived.
- What was the occupation of Harrison Mounts, Anna Burton Jarvis’ second husband?
- How did Ralph Jarvis lose the index finger of his left hand?
- From what state did the Buhrers immigrate to Kansas?
- Where did Anna Buhrer spend her first night in Kansas?
- Where did Anna Buhrer Webb work in Larned?
- Who were the Bereans?
- Who was the engineering company for the Larned Electric Plant?
- Who was Cher Ami?
The answers to these questions can be found in the new book – Family Nibbles – Volume 6! (Or you can cheat and find the answers at the end of this post.)Continue reading
165 – A Look Back
We began this series of stories after the Civil War in 1865. We’re ending the series at the end of World War I in 1920. What a dramatic change in people’s lifestyles over these 55 years.
152 – Greensburg Days 1910s
In 1910, Anna Mounts’ friends had a surprise 40th birthday party for her, with baskets of a delicious supper and an afternoon of music. The ensuing years hold some big life changes. Let’s continue…
151 – Greensburg Days 1900s
Newton Jarvis had died in April 1899. Anna Burton Jarvis was age 29 and had four children – three boys ages 9, 7, and 4, and a baby girl, Opal, less than a year old.Continue reading
149 – Newton Got Pneumonia
In 1899, Newton and Anna had been married for ten years. They were living near Aaron and Sugar Branch in Switzerland County.
148 – Newton Jarvis and Anna Burton (2G)
In the summer of 1887, Sarah Beaty Jarvis died. Newton became a widower at age 31. He had two daughters – Arminta, age 10, and Myrtle, age 5.
147 – Anna Burton’s Family (2G)
Newton Jarvis married Anna Burton. Before we talk about that, let’s look at the Burton family.
Anna Elizabeth Burton was born May 15, 1870 in Rising Sun, Indiana. Her parents were George W. and Eliza J. Burton.Continue reading